The Nations Park in Lisbon
The Nations Park, widely known as Parque das Nacoes, is an area of Lisbon. The area was dramatically transformed to give place to the Expo’98 World Exhibition.
The area stretches along the Tagus River. The transformation required by the 1998 World Exhibition had the effect of turning this old industrial area into a modern residential district with, leisure and commercial hotspots in Lisbon.
At the moment, the Nations Park is one of the most exquisite places where tourists and locals can spend time in Lisbon.
For instance, you can walk around on a set, pegged by tall trees and lakes, as well as go bird watching. Tagus Estuary, one of the largest in Europe, a natural habitat for plenty of bird species.
The Nations Park
But on top of this natural and modern environment, there are numerous leisure, places one can explore at ease: bars, cafes, restaurants, the Vasco da Gama shopping center, sports opportunities, bike rental, events, Pavilion of Knowledge, with its highly interactive programs suggested to the visiting public and to the splendid Oceanarium, one of the biggest of its kind in Europe.
The Nations Park is a different side of the capital. This is the modern Lisbon, full of modern and fancy buildings. One can spend time walking the cobblestone covered streets and exploring old buildings in the central part of Lisbon, and have no idea this part of the city exists.
What to do at The Nations Park:
- Oriente Station – Amazing structure and a landmark of Lisbon. This is the central station of the capital.
- Oceanario – The world’s second largest aquarium.
- Pavilion – Amazing concrete structure.
- Vasco da Gama Tower – Unique structure and Lisbon’s tallest building.
- Cable car ride. Amazing views and very pleasant.
- Vasco da Gama Bridge.
- Waterfront – the river, the bridge, expo buildings, flagpoles, sculptures, gardens and relax in one of the many waterfront restaurants.
- Vasco da Gama Shopping Centre – Opposite of Oriente Station. Biggest shopping mall with many shops, restaurants, supermarket and food courts at the top level.
- Surrounding modern buildings/condos.
- Lisbon River Sightseeing Cruise